Wednesday, May 10, 2006

UNO-R HS mini EB

March 31, 2006

A mini reunion for UNO-R high school batch '89 people was organized by Diday (2nd from left on the photo). It was a little gathering over a cozy dinner at the Fort and separate oldies and kiddies chit-chat afterwards. Naturally, I was not in the photo as I was behind the viewfinder.

Left to right are: Mico, Diday, Jeammie, Steph, Tonee, Joji, May, Pauline and Sarah.


It was a hard day for me as going to the place after work and on a Friday seems only a bit short of impossible. Coming all the way from Laguna, the traffic in C5 going to the Fort was terrible and parking was a nightmare! I think it took me 30 over minutes before I even got a parking "space". The space I am referring to is staying sideways in front of other parked cars! As we exchanged frantic phone calls, my patience was tested to limits but the welcome sight of old friends proved rejuvenating. It was the first time I saw Pauline after 1985 I believe. She now boasts of a a loving husband and a pretty daughter, Sarah. I brought my pretty wife, Joji, and my two pretty girls, Jeammie and Tonee, as well. Tonee was a bit shy mingling with people who are new to her. But that was on the very initial state. She was bubbling after minutes of exposure.


After the dinner, Stephanie called us over for more food! That seems why she got this big! Joke , joke, joke! Pretty people do not get mad :-)




So we queued up to follow. It was time for some donuts and coffee! We went to Gonuts Donuts (I am not advertizing!) and had some sweet delights. The girls (it was like I was the only male among the classmates anyway) discussed about all the nonesense things they can think about, which girls can never run out of, while the kids were busy messing up the place and themselves. Overall, it was a night of friendship and fun.

The final cut below:

May and Pauline. Why them? Well, I see Steph and Diday several times a year anyway. (I hope no stones reach me after this.) God bless everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Maestro Ilonggo said...

from Diday said...

Nice going there! Interesting stuff, though it was you who recommended we go to Pier 1 at the Fort!

Daw ka 2 ka beses mo na ginapalabyan si Fanny haw, all in a one day! Hinay hinay lang, or I might think you still have not gotten over my best friend! Bwa ha ha ha

Diday

2:42 AM
Delete

1:35 PM  
Blogger Maestro Ilonggo said...

Pauline said...

Thanks for the pictures Raymie. It was really nice to see old friends again after all these years.
Hhhhmmm.. did you see me in 1990? Lol.. 'coz I left shortly after we started 1st year h.s. (August '85).

The Philippines has really changed. What really surprised me is how can regular folks afford all the stuff there? I was 12 years old when I left, so I guess I wasn't really aware of the distinct division between the classes.. those who can afford the finer things in life and those who can't. I've accepted the fact that there will be people begging, but when they're actually in front of me, begging and little kids begging, it was so sad that I wanted to cry. Sarah kept asking what those kids were saying and our driver would just shooo them away and close the door. I know that this went on, even when I was younger, but I dunno..
There are a lot more restaurants now in Bacolod. It's funny 'coz as soon as you get out of your car, someone's there with an umbrella and walk you to the door. I don't remember this when I was younger, maybe it's coz they'd have to hold a big tent instead of an umbrella for our big family... lol!
I'm glad to know that most of our classmates are successful and happy.

8:09 PM

1:36 PM  
Blogger Maestro Ilonggo said...

haay, kabudlay man mag-transfer sang comments gali di. I don't know how to do it except copy and paste.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Maestro Ilonggo said...

Nice to hear from you again sis! Pang US na kamo ya, kami pang local lang a. Come and visit the Philippines. Maybe you will shed a tear or two as well just like Pauline. Try visiting one of my pinagkaka-abalahan also.

www.groups.yahoo.com/group/balangaw

If the above doesn't work, visit my personal links page at

www.raymie.vze.com

My photography sharing site

www.flickr.com/photos/raymie

Our web:

www.photosbytoji.vze.com

God bless!!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Maestro Ilonggo said...

Pauline,

Pinagkaka-abalahan is from the root word abala meaning busy. So the big word means stuff keeping me busy.

Balangaw is the Hiligaynon word for rainbow.

That's language 101 for today. :)

br,
raymie

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home